16 May 2014

Unwanted milestones

So today my husband had to feed me. As far as I can remember, no matter how bad I've been before, I've never let anyone feed me. Today I had no choice. And I could only cope with mushed up soft fruit in yoghurt. And I was utterly exhausted afterwards.


Possibly my last shred of dignity, gone.

Not a happy day.

At least I can move my arms enough now to use my phone to type this. I can't talk at the moment but at least I can communicate again.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I'd love to hear what you think! Do leave a comment if you have anything you'd like to say about this topic. If you have any difficulty with this process, please see the Site Help page. Please bear with me if it takes a while for me to respond; I really appreciate you taking the time to read and comment on my blog, but I'm not always well enough to reply. Thank you :-)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Hi Rachel,

First, let me say how much I love your blog! Thank you so much for spending your valuable energy helping educate others about this disease by writing about your experiences. We need more people like you!

Second, I just want to hug you right now! I definitely relate to this post. It's so very difficult to watch our independence stripped away from us bit by bit. I am glad you have an understanding spouse to help along the way, but it's still never easy, is it? Kudos to you for hanging in there, and for being so open about your struggles here on your blog. Here's hoping tomorrow is a better day... Hugs!

Rachel said...

Thank you so much for your comment Brooke. And I'm really sorry you can relate :-(

To be honest, I think this blog helps me more than anyone else! I've wanted to do it for ages but have only just got going, and I'm SO glad I did.

Hugs to you too xxx